Benefits of Seaweed as foliar fertilizer
- Seaweed foliar fertilizer promotes additional budding if applied as the plants are beginning to bud.
- It extends the shelf life of fruits and vegetables if applied 10 days before harvesting.
- The extract lengthens the life of cut flowers if they are sprayed with it a day or two before cutting.
- It can also be used as a rooting solution. Place cuttings in a solution of liquid seaweed and water until roots develop, then plant. When planting seeds or transplanting, water with the solution.
- If applied to pasture crops, the algae increases the nutrient uptake, the protein content and overall quality of the crop.
- Seaweed extract also boosts crop yields, improves resistance of plants to frost and disease, increases uptake of inorganic constituents from the soil, bolsters resistance to stress conditions and reduces storage losses of fruit.
- It promotes vigorous growth and helps deter pests and diseases on fruit, flowers, vegetables, lawns etc.
- Seaweed foliar fertilizer is especially useful in organic gardening. They contain almost every micro-nutrient in a fully chelated (immediately available) form. The algae is also full of carbohydrates, which plants use as a building block. Numerous beneficial microorganisms also use carbohydrates as a food source.
- Seaweed foliar fertilizers act as soil conditioners. The alginates react with metals in the soil and form long, cross-linked polymers in the soil. These polymers improve the crumbling in the soil and swell up when they get wet. They also retain moisture for a long time.
There are no reviews yet.